Sunday, June 23, 2013

Albums I Love

I love music. No matter what kind of crap I'm going through, there's nothing quite like shutting out the world for an hour or so and blasting songs through my headphones. And even better than that is finding entire albums that are so good they give me chills. I've gone through my entire music library and narrowed it down to a select few albums that I'll always have a soft spot for.



Love Drunk (Boys Like Girls)

I can't quite put my finger on what it is that makes this album (and Boys Like Girls in general) so likable. I saw them live for the first time last fall, and they struck me as really...personable? I can't really describe it. But Contagious is the # 1 most played song on my iPod, so clearly it's had an impact.



Hands All Over (Maroon 5)

I've always loved Maroon 5 but, as good as Overexposed was, this is probably my favorite of their albums. I remember that I had just graduated from college when this album came out. Maybe it sticks out in my mind as being a minor foray into the adult world.
And Last Chance is just....askdlfjaklsdjflaskdf.



Hot Mess (Cobra Starship)

I got into Cobra Starship a little late. They already had two albums out before they hit it big with Hot Mess, and I didn't even start listening to them until their latest album, Night Shades, was about to come out. The title track of Hot Mess is hilarious; the thing I love about them, and probably what makes them so interesting, is that they don't take themselves seriously at all. So their music is catchy and amusing.

Save Rock and Roll (Fall Out Boy)

Fall Out Boy was really popular when I was in high school, but I didn't listen to them much (sadly, it's probably because they were popular). But when they released their new album after an I-don't-even-know-how-many-years hiatus, I loved the first couple of songs I heard so much that I bought the whole thing. And I've been listening to it non-stop for the past month.

Costello Music (The Fratellis)

I like Brit rock, so when I saw a discussion awhile back about The Fratellis, I had to listen to them. They have several songs that have been in various commercials, and I recognized them immediately. I usually don't like to listen to songs that have been in commercials, but they were so catchy that I kept listening and started listening to the whole album over and over.


Lines, Vines, and Trying Times (Jonas Brothers)

If I had to pick a # 1 favorite album of all time, this would probably be it. I don't think anyone could listen to the whole album and still think the Jonas Brothers are still some teen Disney band. Seriously, just go listen to Black Keys. Now.



American Idiot (Green Day)

I played this album so much that it got completely scratched. When I got a new computer and had to re-import the songs, I had to download some of them individually because they wouldn't play on the CD.

Fashionably Late (Honor Society)

I first heard of Honor Society when they opened up for the Jonas Brothers in 2009, but I've seen them twice on their own since. They've changed their sound considerably since Fashionably Late (their first full-length album), but it's still awesome.

All the Lost Souls (James Blunt)

James Blunt is 100 % not my kind of music. I never ever listen to any kind of soft rock because it usually puts me to sleep. But there's something about James Blunt and his lyrics that makes me want to keep listening. This was his second album; his third, Some Kind of Trouble, is just as good, if not better.

A Year Without Rain (Selena Gomez & The Scene)

This feels like kind of a weird addition to the list. I've always loved Selena Gomez, but I didn't start listening to her music until a year or so ago when someone mentioned it on some random message board. It just happened to be the middle of summer, so this was a really fun summer album to keep on repeat for awhile.

Hold on Tight (Hey Monday)

I used to know a girl who went to school with some of the band members from Hey Monday. The lead singer, Cassadee Pope, used to win singing contests when she was younger. I think I listened to this album an awful lot during the winter of 2009.

And there you have it. There are so many more bands and songs that I love and that I could probably write about, but then I'd end up writing a whole book.

No comments:

Post a Comment