Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Reminisce on memories and find the silver lining

One thing I've learned as I've gotten older is life is basically a roller coaster, full of abrupt highs and lows. Today I experience a low that some people would consider pretty insignificant: One of my favorite bands, the Jonas Brothers, announced they were breaking up.

In some strange way, I feel like I'm dealing with an actual breakup. All the emotions are there: The sadness, the anger, the frustration and despair and fear of what the future holds. I've been a Jonas fan for five years. I've seen them live twice, met them twice, and made a lot of friends and experienced a lot of cool things because of them. Even though we've gotten some subtle (and not so subtle) hints that there was trouble, it still feels like a huge part of the last five years of my life just came to a screeching halt.

So at first I was shocked.



And now I'm going to be sad for awhile.


Then I'm going to be mad.



Then I'm going to be sad again.



Then I'll probably be happy again, until the summer rolls around and I realize I don't have any more of their concerts to go to. Then I'll be sad yet again.



Then someone will say they don't care the Jonas Brothers are over, that I shouldn't care and that they're stupid, talent-less hacks anyway.



And then I'll realize most of those gifs were Hunger Games related and Catching Fire is coming out in less than a month.



And then I'll look back on all the good Jonas times, like when I got to celebrate Joe's 20th birthday with them.


    


So, to all my fellow Jonas fans: Reminisce on memories, and I'll see you at the finish line.



No comments:

Post a Comment